Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break, One Week Down!

Spring Break started as of 3:06PM on Friday. The first week didn't go too bad, although I have much to consider this week. What's happening this coming week?
  • Marathon training started today, which means a solid 86 miles on tap this week.
  • Reading, reading, and more reading! I plan to go through some reading, writing and science texts to see what I can integrate into my practice.
  • Some classroom moving... I will post pictures later, but I plan to shift tables, desks and students with a hope of bringing some new life into the classroom (kids are tired of their table groups, and the space is a bit cramped).
  • My Praxis exam next Saturday, which in Washington is called the WEST-E.
  • Sleep!

I also have to say that I've been cleaning out my google reader only to find an article from the Seattle PI (now a web-only "paper"). In the article, the candidate for mayor says that a takeover of Seattle Schools could happen if improvement doesn't happen within 2 years. He goes on to say that takeovers have had great success in other cities... If we have solid critical thinking skills we can make statistics mean whatever we want, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment