Friday, March 20, 2009

Integrating Technology

I hope to integrate some technology into my teaching this Spring. We only have one student usable computer, but that isn't a big deal to me. I am excited about the kids creating, or at least creating the audio for, a podcast. I'd like to make a series of them that could go on the school website. This will likely be related to an All-About unit that I want kids to write. The other option is during a poetry unit. I'm also considering using tech in a PhotoStory way, which would be to have student artwork on screen with voice (re: student) narration to the artwork.

I want to use the National Library of Virtual Manipulatives during math in our math opening too! I have a wiki that I've "started" but I don't have any content yet. The model I'm using is here. It is a project to be worked on over the next few weeks.

As TeacherWife told me yesterday, you will have a ton of ideas but you'll likely only get a chance to implement some of them in this short period. Those are the words that I need to keep in mind when I worry that I'm not meeting my own expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment