Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back to Basics

I took a week off from blogging. Between completing projects for our Literacy and Science classes, I needed to finish a lesson and management plan for our Winter Seminar. Altogether, I spent a good 2+ days in front of the computer (hours-wise, not figuratively). What is next?

Student teaching starts on March 23rd (5 days and counting). There is a two day rest bit from the classroom, which gives me a chance to observe a friend's Kindergarten classroom (a veteran teacher of 20+ years), and finish reading Growing Readers by Kathy Collins. My goal is to have a good idea of the ideas I am going to try and implement, and the units of study I want to investigate in the next 8-10 weeks. There are some things I will keep the same (either because they need to stay that way, or want to), and there are some things I will need to teach. But I have some freedom...

The hope is to blog more in the next weeks, using the blog as a reflection tool... and a way to stay engaged. Let's hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment