Thursday, February 19, 2009

What I Learned Through Google Reader Pt2

I have been inspired by This Week In Education's blog posts of the day/week, and have wanted to share some great things coming into my Google Reader...
  • I found this over at Kitchen Table Math, and found it to be highly amusing. Is it educational? Yes, for the simple fact that you should be careful dancing/walking on treadmills. Additionally I would posit that there is quite a bit of visual/spatial intelligence being utilized.
  • If you are going to say you did something, you best have been sure to have done it. Something smells fishy, and dy/dan has a lesson that might weed out any lying. In addition I like the real-world applications and critical thinking skills embedded into this lesson.
  • Curriculum Matters cited a study stating what we knew all along (didn't we?)... kids need unstructured play time in the early years, not the instruction that has started to creep into Pre-K and K.

No comments:

Post a Comment