Sunday, February 22, 2009

Science in My Life

One of the assignments for my Teaching Science course is "Pictures of Science in Your Life." Back at the start of the course we classified how we felt about science at different points in life (ES, MS, HS, College, Post-College). When it came to Post-College I just felt ambivalent, largely because I didn't make the connection between science in my life. I run, which is physiology and physics, but I considered it to be more math than anything.... how about the mountain goats pictured to the left? Nah!

What a difference a few weeks makes. Taking the time to consider what science was, and how it infiltrated my life, I was able to see the many ways I encounter science (and largely for the better). I am not sure I really thought about habitats while I was hiking, but I was fearful of a possible encounter with a bear. This made it clear that the world is inhabited by many things other than humans. What is there just depends on the habitat! By the way... I was very scared of the mountain goats as they have horns!



No comments:

Post a Comment