Friday, February 20, 2009

Post of the Week!

In between watching the Ok Go video and checking my Google Reader, I found a fantastic blog post at Learning is Messy. The blogger, Brian, blogs with his students and is going to start a "Post of the Week" for their class blog. Why is that important? Well I just see how integral the idea is to getting kids to think about their own writing. You might say, "well they are thinking about other people's writing not their own." Ah but there is where you get into metacognition. Once they start thinking critically about the writing of their peers, even if it is just what they liked and how it was layed out, they start to take away ideas that can be applied to their own writing. If you are just simply writing and not thinking about your audience, then why even publish? I can't wait to bring that into my future classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment