Saturday, June 6, 2009

Remove the student, keep the teacher

Friday was my last day as a student teacher. It all came together after school as another teacher came up to me and said congratulations you're officially a teacher. Officially a teacher? Pretty cool.

The last day was pretty good. I wish that 1 or 2 of the kiddos would have held it together a bit better, but as a whole it was fun. I was happy to get a chance to talk to one of our kids (one of the 1-2 above) that has been "off" all week. I wanted him to know that I had high expectations for him, and know that he can do whatever is put before him... that being said, the behavior of late isn't going to cut it. I'm hopeful for him.

I also got in a soccer game with the kiddos. Picture 15-20 kids, boys vs girls and Mr. Hanson, on a small basketball court. No whining, no yelling, lots of encouragement, good fun. Gives me thoughts of a lunchtime soccer club (maybe once a week?) when I finally get my own classroom. Kids need adults to model how to play, how to be good sports, and how to get organized.

Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment