Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Goodbye Mr. Chair

I have some kiddos who like to tip their chair. I was a young boy once, and I actually tipped my chair some myself. I still do, from time to time, as an adult. When I was younger I actually tipped back and hit my head, gashing my head open. It probably seemed worse than it was, but I still tell people that I split my head open.

Where am I going? Right, chairs in class! So I have given reminders upon reminders about 6 legs on the floor, four for the chair and two for you. But that got tiresome. Following the idea that the punishment should fit the crime, I decided that you'd lose your chair if you tipped your chair after being warned (got all that?).

I took a chair away yesterday at 1:30, and then had to do it again this morning... at 9:06am. No problems thereafter. After the first 2-3 times of him asking, he stopped asking and was on his knees by his desk, or working under his desk. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully he keeps his chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment