Monday, April 13, 2009

Ziplock me crazy!


Somewhere along the line I lost the trust in my own ability. I got sucked into wanting to have a science kit, and the thought of not having one made me not-so-pleased. The thought of additional work, particularly in an area where I find myself without significant depth/breadth of content knowledge, scared me. It isn't that I don't like science, but more the fact that I believe I am not much of a scientist.

Once you get over the "How" you can start to move forward, which is where the above quote comes in. (*As an aside, yes I like Photoshop, and yes it came from the Nike wall at their store in Eugene). I have an idea for the route, but will get there in a rather aimless or meandering fashion.


We've got these seeds growing in a ziplock bag. The original hope was to look at the seeds and compare them to other living things. Instead we are going to go more of the plant route. (above is one of the blossoming lima bean seeds). Tomorrow we are going to look at our seed bags, make observations, make a diagram of the plant as it is currently, and hopefully get into some conversation about what happened in our bags- not all blossomed, so why!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment