Tuesday, April 28, 2009

When the lights go dark

My apologies for being gone. My intent certainly wasn't to be gone for a week! I've simply needed the break from education related stuff on the Internet- google reader! blogs! news! my blog! All of those things went untouched last week and weekend.

I'm in the midst of week 5 of student teaching. We are required to do 6, but my master teacher and I scheduled out through the 22nd (an additional 3 weeks). Thereafter it will be transitioning back to her control. Having a schedule with beginning and end dates is helpful for me, at least in creating a mental order of events.

So how has it been thus far? Teaching is certainly the profession I want to enter. I've struggled in creating an identity for my teaching in someone's space other than my own. Ultimately it isn't my classroom, but I also need to have the ability to try out some ideas from the academic end. I believe I have a far clearer notion of what my beliefs are about students, learning, and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment