Monday, August 10, 2009

Writing Essentials

I've got 4 more days of summer... which includes today. Everything starts back up on Friday when I have an all day training on the technology in the district. Being that there are interactive whiteboards in each room, I'm excited to have the training.

But I am starting to parse through Writing Essentials today, looking at how teachers of different grades organize their respective days. Why? Well I got to thinking the other day about how 6th grade is so so so different than 2nd or 3rd grade, and how I have a feeling of being a little in the dark about what happens in those classrooms. Thankfully my wife talked some sense into me, telling me that teaching in 6th grade isn't all that much different than 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. We get tricked into this feeling of difference, at least partially, because the books we read seem geared more towards primary. Couple that with student teaching in primary grades and the result is this feeling of fear that needs to be dispelled.

Just call me the wizard, as I am dispelling myths today.

No comments:

Post a Comment