Saturday, September 8, 2012

End of Week Reflections

This year I have started doing two things differently. The first is writing objectives on the board during non-social studies block time. I write them during my literacy/s.s. block, but typically haven't during our get to know you or pre-assessment activities. I also did a thumbs up/down with it, and kids gave me a good check for how we are doing. I liked it, seeing it as important in this time when it seems like we aren't doing much.

The second thing I started doing is a weekly reflection. Kids are asked to come up with 2 things that were positive from the week- sharing with a partner, and a few to the whole group. This was awesome! Kids were willingly sharing, and had some great positives...

-I made a new friend.
-I climbed all the way across the monkey bars.
-people tried really hard

I want kids searching for those positives. I'm hoping it will only build going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment