Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Too Much!

I ordered the Units of Study for Reading at the start of March. I've been looking for some other materials to help me get my head around how I organize my literacy time. I combined Social Studies with novel study and our Houghton Mifflin materials. But I have always felt that the time is disjointed. My concern is that using either of the above materials too much ends up tilting the needle too far away from something that needs to be incorporated (i.e. lots of social studies means no fiction; lots of Houghton Mifflin means less authentic reading time AND too little authentic non-fiction).

Well the Units of Study arrived. As excited as I was to receive it, I was also overwhelmed. I've already got my assessment book to read, not to mention the class I need to attend. But I'm also leading our tech training on Friday, which gives me a little pause- you want to do well, but nerves always set in to some degree. Lastly, I have a project I want to get off the ground on Monday, so my available time has diminished significantly. If only there were more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment