Friday, November 26, 2010

A Week To Do What?

What a week! The Arctic air that rolled through caused havoc. It was snowing on the way to school Monday morning, and it continued throughout the day. The Northwest doesn't really get much snow (at least in the Seattle Metro area), but it struggles when it does. The combination of air temp, hills, floating bridges/elevated structures, and overall inability to drive in snow is flat out terrible.

We started doing some writing about someone/thing we are thankful for. It was a struggle to keep rolling because of the snow, a constant distraction, but it seemed to be going well. After school it was a mad dash (err, crawl) home. The commute that takes 40-50 minutes on a bad day was an hour and 45 minutes. But it was also filled with some white knuckle driving, sliding down a hill or two, and being really excited to get out of the car when I arrived home.

Two days off because of snow/ice, and Thanksgiving and here we are. What have I done? Very little. I am going to do some grading today, and look at my reading assessment for the district (guiding my instruction for December/early January). I know what skills I am working on, but need to take a closer look at the way the assessment is configured so that my teaching best aligns with it. There isn't much sense in teaching one way and then assessing in a totally different way. Hopefully I'll really knock out some planning for the month of December- making my weekend a little easier (grading instead of planning & grading).

Happy holidays to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment