Monday, January 26, 2009

Go and visit!

Do you have websites that you like to read, but don't read enough? Perhaps they are good resources, but they are dense. Perhaps they simply overwhelm you with good stuff, but you've got 1,000 other things you are reading/doing/trying. Yeah, that is me!

Two links that I love love love, but don't visit as often as I should are:
  • Open Source Reading- this is a great place to connect with other teachers who are teaching students to read, and love reading (both them, and the students!). It has grown in the 2 months or so since I stumbled upon it. But the basic premise is to connect and help others in and around reading (with a focus on grades 3-8). If you are unfamiliar with the open source movement, do learn about it.
  • Two Writing Teachers- I admit that I get their posts in my Google Reader, but am not a participant (yet) on their blog. Write with them, use the info on the page (great ideas abound), and connect with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment