Friday, January 23, 2009

Back to basics!

I am convinced of one thing: blogging can be an integral part of teacher development. Why is that? Well, for starters blogging (at least for teachers about education) forces teachers into the public sphere. Remaining behind closed doors, operating in the vacuum of our respective buildings, doesn't promote input into your practice or pedagogy. If we keep our doors closed, and our ideas locked inside, then we aren't able to benefit from feedback that could help us evolve. Why do we need to evolve our practice and pedagogy? Well, the world is constantly changing and we need to enable our learners to be a part of it in the ways that they will eventually see fit.

For me, as a teaching candidate, blogging is a way to reflect. It keeps me thinking about education, and provides an opportunity for my ideas to be scrutinized. You can't be afraid of the criticism; just take a deep breathe and let it in. I didn't realize how much I missed blogging until I wasn't doing it. Old blog posts on a collaborative blog can be found here.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment