Sunday, June 26, 2011

Top 5 Books: 2010-11 edition

I pushed books on my kids like there was no tomorrow. I'd purchase books, read them, and then really get kids into them. They, in turn, recommended them to their friends. Using informal observations of which books magically came back on the last day, along with what I saw kids reading, here were the Top 5 from the 2010-11 school year.

1) Percy Jackson series- in particular the Last Olympian (since it came out in paperback this year).

2) The Hunger Games- the first book was most popular, but the second one also made the rounds. Some made it to Mockingjay, but it was certainly the least popular of the bunch.

3) Warriors- Whoa. Not a huge cat fighting, personification type of person, but this was huge in my classroom.

4) Guardians of Ga'hoole- Same as Warriors to some extent... but with owls.

5) The Kane Chronicles- Red Pyramid and Throne of Fire were huge hits. I am not sure I saw the former in my room after the first month. It just circulated!

Honorable Mention: The Lost Hero (Riordan is well liked in my classroom), When You Reach Me, Moon Over Manifest, Al Capone Does My Shirts, and Found (Sent and Sabotaged by Haddix were also well liked... this was particularly liked).

No comments:

Post a Comment