Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bittersweet Symphony

School ended today. I will admit that I was running on fumes as we reached the finish line. Scoring the social studies CBA (classroom based assessments), reading assessments, and writing assessments left me drained. 65 assessments each, give or take a few, making for a huge strain on the brain. Add to that a field trip, whole school talent show, and end of year party and you've got a very tired teacher.

I was sad to see the kiddos go. Some of our kids from last year visited us again, and were sad to be leaving. Our kids this year were a good group also, and were sad to go (but excited for summer!). We were sad to see them go. But onward to summer. I have a few things to accomplish, and below is a tentative list....


  • Clean my computer files- tomorrow!

  • Clean all my paper files- tomorrow!

  • Do some room re-arranging- tomorrow... or in August.

  • Reflect on the school year- tomorrow or Friday (wrap it up! Blog about it tomorrow)

  • Do some professional reading (Guiding Reading and Writers by Fountas and Pinnell is high on my list, as is going through the Writer's Workshop books, and Reader's Workshop books)... mid/late July!

  • Read 2+ kids books a week... reviews to come. Only way to stay current!

Tomorrow I'll put a wrap on the year by going through some of the kids' reflections. From there it is time to relax and not think about school for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment