Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mock Newbery

As I have been laying around this afternoon (nice to say, finally!) I've been scanning the Internet for books. I plan to hit the bookstore tomorrow to create a stack of books I want to read. Of course that makes me think of possible Newbery Award winners. I loved this year's selection, Moon Over Manifest, particularly because it came out of nowhere to win the Newbery.

That leads me to a plan for next year. This summer I am going to use some of the various resources out there to compile a list of 10-12 books that I want to circulate, and get kids to read in the fall. That will be in hopes of having our own Mock Newbery discussion in the fall. This will work well with our movement to Communicator, an online system that essentially creates a hub for blogging and wiki-ing. I'll share some of those resources I've found soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment