Saturday, August 7, 2010

Organize and Save

The image shows my personal experiment with OneNote. I have create a notebook with my novel study books. I knew that I wanted a place to write down summaries and questions that I could use in discussion groups or as reading response. I had previously thought about creating a Word document to store all of this information. The major problem with that is ensuring it isn't cumbersome. I want to be sure that I can go back and refer to my notes, even if I don't utilize the questions I have written down. My hope is that it will save a little bit of my planning time. You'll never guess the trouble of ensuring you've read all 4-5 books in your novel study, while also being sure you've got all of your other reading (instructional materials, social studies, current events) taken care of!

In the future I think I will include tabs for different book groups, grouped by genre or category. I've started a Genre tab, but it falls short in some of the sorting capabilities that Excel has. I have a different document in Excel that has all of my multiple copy books (or most... well, many). I can sort it by title, author, number of copies, or approximate reading level. It isn't perfect, but it definitely helps out with some of my planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment