Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Goals

Summer is here, although it could be a touch warmer. Being packed up and checked out, I won't head back to school until July. My parents come out to visit at the end of this month, and I'll likely take them by to see where I make things happen. Hopefully Mt. Baker will be out, as it is nice to see that from the school parking lot (and brings this full circle since my big brother works up at the ski area.

Here are some school related goals for the summer:
  • Take June off from planning (tougher than you'd think)
  • Clean out my Google Reader. Already done! Dovetails into the first point a bit, as most of my ed-reading is done via blogs these days.
  • Roughly map out my year (what content and approx when, what main objectives)
  • Read at least 15 books that I'll have in my classroom library. Current list below..
  • Clean up the classroom wiki and get it ready for next year.
  • Work on setting up a system on Google Docs to capture ideas that I can access anywhere (I'll admit to not using docs or delicious much since leaving school. This post reminded me of the usefulness of it.

I'm more than slightly excited for next year. It is difficult to not get my yellow legal pad out to do some planning, but I am going to resist. Blogging will need to fill that void for the time being. Here is the list of books on the bookshelf:

No comments:

Post a Comment