Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last Day

Wednesday was the end of my rookie year of teaching. Year One is officially in the books. As I told my kids, you have many firsts in your life. First day of school, first day of high school, first day with a driver's license, first day of college, etc. You remember those first things vividly. This year will be no different for me.

There are a myriad of ideas running through my head. What went well? What do I want to change? How/When will I get the blog and wiki rolling next year? All of those are good questions, but I need about a week or two off. I need to bask in the afterglow of yesterday, thinking about the kind words the kids said. Someone got the idea to write a goodbye message on the front whiteboard, which spread into half of our cohort writing goodbye notes. It was touching, and gave me the impression (illusion) that I made an impact for the better. The cards I received were along the same lines.

After cleaning out the room and getting organized, I'm officially off. I won't head back to the building until early July. I'll head in to get a few of my curriculum materials, and start thinking ahead to the fall. I'll post some of the questions I am pondering as the days pass. But today... today is for the afterglow.

No comments:

Post a Comment