Friday, January 8, 2010

Wall Space

I have what might be one of the largest rooms in the building. Since it was a shared space, used by the 4th and 5th grades, it was a large common room with high ceilings and lots of light. The major downside is that there is little/no wall space. Anchor charts, question charts etc are usually left without a home. I finally moved a giant chart on explorers, as we aren't using it currently. I didn't just fold it up, I moved it to another wall... 8 feet up the wall! Same goes for our posters on the slave trade (which came out great). Room needed to be made for our Questions about the American Revolution... questions need to drive nonfiction (a case could be made for reading as a whole, but that for another day). So we put ours up.

Solid first week back. Next week we really dig deep into the Revolutionary War. I am excited because of the mix of fiction/nonfiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment