Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Bag of Papers

First year teachers are typically guilty of being swamped under the deluge of papers. Keeping up with the assignments given, and the response from students is difficult. Add to that your planning, and other professional responsibilities and you can have a whale of a time keeping up. For me, I have a brown reusable sack that I use to carry by pile back and forth from school to home and back again.

While I have been putting small dents in the pile, it has stayed close to the same size for the past few weeks. Between giving back work, and then getting 60 student summaries, my pile just hasn't disappeared! Thankfully I sat down yesterday and got organized. I put them into piles based on their rotation, as well as alpha by first name. You might think that is a waste of time, but it makes life easier when inputting information into my spreadsheet. Afterwards I was able to go through a few piles, and started to see the paperwork disappear. Hopefully today is the day it goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment