Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Projects

Some teachers rue having students do book projects. This typically means having kids do a book report. I've opened the options for them, and I do them very infrequently. I can have kids show what they know in other ways, and don't want to burn through larger projects (project fatigue).

Heading into the holiday break I had kids working on their first book project. It was useful since I really didn't want to start a new unit just before the holiday- and I also didn't want to throw away 2-3 days. Instead we were making posters and book covers to advertise their favorite books thus far. The results have been pretty amazing. The artwork has been great, and the writing about the book has matched.

Like any project in my room, it isn't done when I thought it would be... But I'm pleased with where it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment