Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gone 'til November

Around conference time I feel off the map. Yes I was still teaching, but blogging took a back seat. Between conferences, marathon training, an observation, challenge course, and Halloween I simply didn't feel like I had the time. It dropped down the priority list.

Where am I at?
We just finished our unit on Government. Our end tasks were to write a persuasive piece to get someone to vote for a candidate. We used information from CNN, and focused on writing with reasons and examples. The net result? Really impressive writing.

Where are we going?
Next is Geography and American Indians. Typically this comes first, but I moved government forward due tote election (timeliness and relevance). Beyond that I need to get back to blogging more regularly. I'm aiming for a weekly posting set into my Outlook calendar. I've found blogging to be an integral part of thinking lessons through and considering how they went. I need to return to it.

Until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment