Friday, September 2, 2011

The Endless Summer

My first two years of teaching I had mixed emotions about the end of summer. While I was excited to teach, I was also longing for some more time in the sun (and sleeping in past 6am). This year has a different feel. Once Monday hit, I was excited and ready to be back. I was ready for a little structure in my life created by waking up at 6 every morning, and a schedule with the kiddos.

All of that was brought home yesterday. Yesterday was my school's Meet and Greet. It is an opportunity to families to come to school, check out their classroom, meet their teacher, introduce themselves, and tour around the facilities. The number of people in our 5th grade was astounding, which is fantastic since that means a large turnout. Some of my former kiddos came by to say hello too (also great). The best part about it is feeling the energy in the building- kids are nervous and excited, the same going for adults. Many (kids and adults) are excited for school to start back up.

This is it. The last weekend of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment