Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Daze

My district has been out for the past 3 days. We were in on Tuesday, but that really was a struggle. Kids are way too excited to see snow flakes, and dislike the change in routine (2 hour late start... and a 60-90 minute or so early release). I am a creature of habit as well, and prefer the normal wake-up and schedule.

The past 3 days I've been hoping we don't go in. Why? I really dislike snow driving, going back to my east coast days, so staying inside was the preferred option. The only problem is that I don't get nearly as much done during this time. At school my to-do list is ever present, a stickynote on my desktop. Not as much at home. I opt to be lazy... even with the to-do list.

That being said, I am going to get going today. I finalized my conference schedule yesterday. I have some grading to do, and some things to enter into the electronic gradebook. No more of the daze that has been lingering. As much as I need rest I need to get some work done (and not leave it for the weekend or.... Monday).

No comments:

Post a Comment