Thursday, February 17, 2011

Books to Read

Today is the start of midwinter break. We stretch it out from Thursday to Monday, and get back after it on Tuesday. I really dislike taking time off. While I know I need the physical and mental break, I still find it difficult to break away. This break is no different. So what is on tap? Lots of reading. Some of the books I want to tackle include:
  • A Week in the Woods- Andrew Clements
  • The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle- Avi (never read any Avi, so it needs to be done!)
  • The Breadwinner- Deborah Ellis
  • Bridge to Terabithia- Katherine Paterson
  • Hatchet- Gary Paulsen
  • The Westing Game- Ellen Raskin
  • Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler- Konigsburg
  • Bud, Not Buddy- Curtis
  • Maniac Magee- Spinelli

Most of the above I have skimmed (or read in the case of Frankweiler, Bridge) but want to go through in the case I want to use them for future novel study. I've also go Mockingbird by Erskine, and Catching Fire (Hunger Games) by Collins to tackle as I want to keep reading stuff that I want kids to pick up independently. Books books books! Not a bad way to spend my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment