Thursday, September 9, 2010

Birthday Wishes!

When you work in the private sector, you get people saying happy birthday (usually in passing). Birthdays aren't a huge deal unless you or those close to you make them so. But it is different in a school. If kids find out that it is your birthday they tend to latch onto it. It is almost as though they are saying "You have birthday's too??? No way! I never knew!"

Today was my birthday. I said very little about it, as that tends to be the way I operate. But I'll admit that it made me smile when some of my kids were saying happy birthday to me on the way into the classroom today (they also wanted to sing happy birthday at the end of the day- but we ran late!). It was also fantastic to have former students come back and wish me a happy birthday. If nothing else it is a sign that they'll remember 5th grade. The hope is they got something out of it (which I believe they did).

This weekend we'll talk reading fluency and 5th grade. But now it is time to enjoy birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment